Understanding that every child is different, we are excited to introduce a Transitional Kindergarten program beginning in the fall of 2023. The program focuses on children who may benefit from another year of developing academically, physically and/or socially, before progressing to a public or private kindergarten program. A low teacher-to-student ration (12 per class maximum) ensures kids are receiving individualized attention.
Transitional Kindergarten is ideal for:
- Children who need extra time to develop academically, emotionally, physically, and/or socially.
- Children who have completed a 4-year-old preschool program.
- ‘Young’ 5 year olds.
Our curriculum focuses on literacy, math, science and social studies exploration, as well as problem-solving and communications skills. Classes are taught by a certified teacher trained in differentiating instruction. Transitional Kindergarten is Monday-Friday.
- Music is incorporated in the classroom and also taught by a music teacher once a week.
- Socialization is addressed through outside play time and informal classroom experiences.
- Lesson plans include Bible stories and verse memorization. Students attend chapel once a week.
- Students’ skills are monitored throughout the year. Conferences are held in the fall and winter as a means of discussing each child’s progress as well as continuing open communication between teachers and parents. A skill evaluation is completed mid-year to measure the growth of the child.
Students must have completed a K4 preschool program prior to registering for Transitional Kindergarten.
Registration is held each January, with currently enrolled families and First Baptist Church members enrolling first. The general public may register afterward. Enrollment is open until all spaces are filled.
To register, please visit the Registration page found here, https://discoverfbc.org/weekday-education-registration/.
For questions and more information please contact Martha Kate Hall at (706) 731-5366 or email her at email@example.com.
|AGE GROUP||DAYS||# PER CLASS
|TK||M-F||12 in each class
|AGE GROUP||DAYS||COST PER MONTH||REGISTRATION FEES
Registration fees are due at the time of registration and are non-refundable.
Tuition is collected for 10 months, August – May and is due on the 1st of each month.