Teacher directed lesson plans, following Georgia standards, are designed to meet the mission of our kindergarten. Students learn to build critical thinking skills that promote social and emotional confidence for a lifetime of learning. There is a balance of curriculum, hands-on learning, and teacher directed activities and small group activities. An appreciation for music and drama is also experienced through music classes, a Christmas program, Kindergarten graduation presentation and field trips taken throughout the year.
- All language arts, including phonics and reading are taught through the curriculum.
- Math follows Georgia standards and is taught through a hands-on approach to teaching number concepts giving students a concrete understanding of numbers and of comparative relationships.
- Science and Social Studies standards are taught through thematic units throughout the year.
- Music is incorporated in the classroom and also taught by a music teacher once a week.
- Socialization is addressed through outside play time and informal classroom experiences.
- Lesson plans include Bible stories and verse memorization. Students attend chapel once a week.
- Students’ skills are monitored throughout the year. Conferences are held in the fall and winter as a means of discussing each child’s progress as well as continuing open communication between teachers and parents. A skill evaluation is completed mid-year to measure the growth of the child.
Registration is held each January, with currently enrolled families and First Baptist Church members enrolling first. The general public may register afterward. Enrollment is open until all spaces are filled.
To register download the registration form from this site and pay the $190 registration fee, see below. Mail the form and registration fee to Martha Kate Hall. First Baptist Church, 3500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30909.
For questions and more information please contact Martha Kate Hall at (706) 731-5366 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|AGE GROUP||DAYS||# PER CLASS||BIRTHDATE
|K5||M-F||18 in each class||9/13 – 8/14
Must have their 5th birthday by September 1.
|AGE GROUP||DAYS||COST PER MONTH||REGISTRATION FEES||COVID SUPPLY FEE