Teacher directed lesson plans, following Georgia standards, are designed to meet the mission of our kindergarten. Students learn to build critical thinking skills that promote social and emotional confidence for a lifetime of learning. There is a balance of curriculum, hands-on learning, and teacher directed activities and small group activities. An appreciation for music and drama is also experienced through music classes, a Christmas program, Kindergarten graduation presentation and field trips taken throughout the year.
- All language arts, including phonics and reading are taught through the curriculum.
- Math follows Georgia standards and is taught through a hands-on approach to teaching number concepts giving students a concrete understanding of numbers and of comparative relationships.
- Science and Social Studies standards are taught through thematic units throughout the year.
- Music is incorporated in the classroom and also taught by a music teacher once a week.
- Socialization is addressed through outside play time and informal classroom experiences.
- Lesson plans include Bible stories and verse memorization. Students attend chapel once a week.
- Students’ skills are monitored throughout the year. Conferences are held in the fall and winter as a means of discussing each child’s progress as well as continuing open communication between teachers and parents. A skill evaluation is completed mid-year to measure the growth of the child.
Students who did not attend the First Baptist K4 program but wish to register for kindergarten will be required to attend an orientation and screening day during the late spring. This day will allow for further evaluation to ensure proper placement in our Kindergarten program.
Registration is held each January, with currently enrolled families and First Baptist Church members enrolling first. The general public may register afterward. Enrollment is open until all spaces are filled.
To register, please visit the Registration page found here, https://discoverfbc.org/weekday-education-registration/.
For questions and more information please contact Martha Kate Hall at (706) 731-5366 or email her at email@example.com.
|AGE GROUP||DAYS||# PER CLASS
|K5||M-F||18 in each class
Must have their 5th birthday by September 1.
|AGE GROUP||DAYS||COST PER MONTH||REGISTRATION FEES
Registration fees are due at the time of registration and are non-refundable.
Tuition is collected for 10 months, August – May and is due on the 1st of each month.