Beginning June 14th, we will resume in-person worship.
- Please observe social distancing at all times, maintaining a minimum of a 6-foot distance from others. Staff will be monitoring to encourage social distancing in and outside the building.
- Do not hug, shake hands, high-five, or partake in any other form of close contact.
- Individuals over 65 or with any pre-existing conditions are encouraged to continue utilizing our online worship.
- We strongly recommend wearing masks. If you do not have a mask, the church will provide one.
- If you are sick or exhibiting symptoms, please do not come to church, but join via our online worship instead. If you develop a cough during worship, please exit as quickly as possible.
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, have traveled internationally or domestically, please stay home and join us online.
- Until further notice, children and students will not be gathering.
- No childcare will be available, and children must remain with their parents in the worship areas.
- In compliance with state recommendations, we are limiting our service’s capacity in order to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- You must register in order to reserve a space for entry.
- The main doors to the worship spaces will open 15 minutes prior to the schedule start for worship.
- Once you arrive, you will be directed to doors of entry, where you will check-in and be offered a mask.
- At the conclusion of services, we ask everyone to exit immediately, while maintaining proper social distancing.
- Designated restrooms will be open. However, only one person or family group can enter at a time.
- Water fountains will be unavailable.
- All other buildings not currently being used for worship will be closed.
- The sanctuary balcony will be unavailable.
- In order to maintain proper distancing, every two pews will be closed in the sanctuary.
- Ushers will direct you to a seat.
- Offerings will be accepted in deposit boxes as you exit worship.
- We will not have congregational singing.
- We will not have orders of worship available.
In order to best protect and serve our congregation, staff, and community, attendees of in-person worship services must comply to the guidelines stated above.
Please register using the form link below or by calling 706-733-2236. Registration will open at 2PM on Sunday.
Registration will close when our capacity of designated seating locations is reached. If registration has closed before you are able to register, please attempt to register for a different service time.
Registration status will be checked upon arrival to the worship service.
If you need to de-register, please call or contact Susan Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Registering allows us to manage attendance. Also, in the event of a report of the virus in a worship service, contact information will be used to notify participants. Finally, your contact information will be provided to local health officials if requested for the purpose of contact tracing.
PLANS TO RENEW IN-PERSON GATHERINGS
The following summarizes a phased renewal of in-person gatherings. However, in the early stages, we encourage our people—especially those who are in the “at risk” category—to continue to join us for worship through our online format. By doing so, personal risk of contracting the virus is lessened. As we move ahead in our plans, we will follow the recommendations as provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Stage 1: Worship on Sundays. *Tentative date of June 14th.
Stage 2: Bible studies/groups on weekdays. *Tentative date of July 8th.
Stage 3: Integration of other groups, such as children, youth, etc. Also, this may include expansion of the number of Bible studies/groups gathering. *Tentative date of August 9.
Stage 1: In-Person Worship Gathering
Tentative start date is Sunday, June 14th
Times and Locations:
- 9:45AM—Missions and Activities Center (MAC)
Registration for Worship: A method for registering will be provided through our website. A few slots will be made available by calls to the church office. Weekly registration will be opened on Mondays.
The following recommendations and guidelines will be a part of our gatherings:
- Maintain 6’ social distancing. Entry, exit, and seating guidelines will be followed to allow for this recommendation.
- Masks strongly recommended and provided. To improve the ability to reduce potential virus transmission, the CDC recommends wearing masks in public gatherings. If you cannot bring one, the church will provide.
- Restrooms will be open. Though available, restroom use should be only if necessary. Also, access will be limited to one person or family unit at a time.
- The worship experience will be limited to 45 minutes. In order to minimize time in the gathering spaces, doors will open 15 minutes prior to start. And all participants are to exit the space immediately upon conclusion of the service.
- Seating will be based upon position in line. Participants will be directed to seating.
- No congregational singing. Though special music will be part of our services, worship will not include congregational singing.
Stage 2: Bible studies/groups
Tentative start date is Wednesday, July 8th
Time and locations
- Groups will meet on Wednesday at 6PM. We will utilize our largest spaces—sanctuary, chapel, MAC, and fellowship hall. Also, groups are invited to use the outside spaces on our campus to meet.
- Pastor’s Bible Study in the sanctuary
- Other groups are asked to combine in order to utilize our largest spaces. Leaders from various Bible study groups are asked to participate in leadership and teaching.
Stage 3: Integration of other groups, such as children and youth.
Tentative start date is the week of August 9th.
This stage may include expanded adult Bible study opportunities on other weekdays in order to accommodate requests to gather.
* Though tentative start dates are desired goals, all stated dates are dependent upon a variety of factors. Start dates will be confirmed or delayed as we progress through the stages.