In my usual pattern of writing the digital Interpreter, I like to tell a few stories and give you something that hopefully inspires you live well in the days ahead. However, there are moments in the life of our church where the church calendar is full, and my primary goal is to keep you up to date on all the things that are happening in the life of our church! Today, I will be writing the latter sort of letter to you. The month of October is always one the busiest months in the life of our church and this year is no difference. Below is a list of all the dates I want you to be aware of as we approach the end of the month.
- A Church Wide Family Movie Night is THIS Friday evening beginning at 6:30. You can learn more about this event by clicking https://discoverfbc.org/church-wide-family-movie-night/
- This Sunday we begin our process for Deacon election. There are three different ways that you will be able to vote this year. First, we have made it possible to vote through our online portal at DiscoveFBC.org, which will be active beginning Sunday. Also, we will have paper ballots available at the front desk of the church, and you will be able to pick one up at any time during our normal business hours. Finally, if you are unable to get to the church office or you are not able to vote online, you can request that a ballot be mailed to your home address. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the office or send an email to any of our staff members.
- Sunday evening is our quarterly Church in Conference, which begins at 6:00. This meeting is particularly important, as we will be voting on our 2022 Budget, which can be found by clicking https://discoverfbc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/2022-Proposed-Budget-Handout.pdf . A quorum is required for this conference so I am asking each of you to please make plans to be present for this all important event in the life of our church.
- This Sunday in worship, our children from second through fifth grade will be singing in our 11:00 service, so please make plans to be in the Sanctuary so we can appropriately celebrate the amazing work our children do in their choirs.
- I will be back in the Chapel tonight as we continue our series on Revelation. For those of you who have missed a few weeks, I apologize that recordings are not going to be available for those evenings. We experienced technical difficulties for the first two weeks, so I made the decision to have the study be an in person experience only.
- Finally, I want you all to remember that we will NOT have Sunday evening activities on October 31st, in large part because we want you to be at your own homes, being the best neighbors in your area! Represent our church well by giving out the best candy on your street and by being kind to every child who knocks on your door and announces “trick or treat”!
Friends, it is a great time to be at FBC . God is doing amazing things in our community, and I cannot wait to see where the future will lead us! I hope to see each of you on Sunday in worship.
Grace and Peace,